Academic Prototype Systems
Lecture Browser with Rudimentary
Summarization and Retrieval Functionalities
- System implemented by Dr. Shih-Hsiang Lin
|Papers:||"Extractive speech summarization using evaluation metric-related training criteria," Berlin Chen et al., Information Processing & Management, 49(1), pp. 1-12, 2013.|
|"Spoken document retrieval with unsupervised query modeling techniques," Berlin Chen et al., IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, Vol. 20, No. 9, pp. 2602-2612, 2012.|
|“A risk-aware modeling framework for speech summarization,” Berlin Chen, Shih-Hsiang Lin, IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 199-210, 2012.|
|“Leveraging Kullback-Leibler divergence measures and information-rich cues for speech summarization,” Shih-Hsiang Lin et al., "IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 19(4), pp. 871-882, 2011.|
|“A probabilistic generative framework for extractive broadcast news speech summarization," Yi-Ting Chen et al., IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 17(1), pp. 95-106, 2009.|
|“A comparative study of probabilistic ranking models for Chinese spoken document summarization,“ Shih-Hsiang Lin et al., ACM Transactions on Asian Language Information Processing, 8(1), pp. 3:1-3:23, 2009.|
Multimedia (Speech) Content Organization/Visualization
- Demos: Results on Broadcast News Speech
Results on Digital Archives of National Museum of History (NMH)
Results on Central News Agency (CNA)
- Paper: “Spoken Document Understanding and Organization,” Lin-shan Lee and Berlin Chen, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine 22(5), 2005.
Document Retrieval (SDR) via Smart Phones
- Implemented by James Chen, Shih-Jie Huang, and Wen-Li Shih
- Client-server LVCSR system
|Papers:||“Word topic models for spoken document retrieval and transcription,” Berlin Chen, ACM Transactions on Asian Language Information Processing, 8(1), pp. 2:1-2:27, 2009.|
|"Extractive spoken document summarization for information retrieval," Berlin Chen and Yi-Ting Chen, Pattern Recognition Letters, 29(4), pp. 426-437, 2008.|
|"Voice Retrieval of Mandarin Broadcast News Speech," Berlin Chen, International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, 20(1), 2006.|
2003：Multimodal Multimedia Retrieval System for Digital Archives (A Press Conference Report)
- Cooperated with Prof. Shun-Shii Lin
( click to try it! )
Broadcast News Transcription
-Low cost, high speed and high accuracy
-New features: discriminative acoustic feature extraction, dynamic lexicon acquisition,
unsupervised learning techniques, heuristic search algorithms, etc.
- Paper: "Lightly Supervised and Data-Driven Approaches to Mandarin Broadcast News Transcription," Berlin Chen et al., the 29th IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2004), Vol. I, pp. 777-780, 2004.
Multimedia Information Retrieval System
- Paper: "Discriminating Capabilities of Syllable-Based Features and Approaches of Utilizing Them for Voice Retrieval of Speech Information In Mandarin Chinese", Berlin Chen, Hsin-min Wang, Lin-shan Lee, IEEE Trans. on Speech and Audio Processing 10(5), July 2002.